Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jessica Was Abused?

Jessica Simpson has revealed that a song written for her forthcoming country album is based on her own experience as a victim of abuse. But the singer – who is currently dating Dallas Cowboys star Tony Romo - refuses to go into detail about the painful memory.

When asked by the interviewer for Elle whether she has ever been physically abused, she replied, “I don’t want to talk about it, but I have definitely experienced abuse in a way that I would tell people to take their heart and run.”

In Remember That she sings, “It doesn’t matter how he hurts you / With his hands or with his words / You don’t deserve it / It ain’t worth it / Take your heart and run.”

Jessica’s efforts to establish herself as a country music star haven’t got off to the best of starts. Earlier this month, her new material was greeted by a chorus of boos at the Country Thunder USA Festival in Randall, Wisconsin.

Source: entertainmentwise

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...