Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Melanie Griffith felt insulted when she was asked to be the face of an anti-wrinkle cream.

The 49-year-old wife of Antonio Banderas was shocked when she was approached to promote age-defying makeup because she felt too young.

Melanie told Hello magazine: “I remember when Revlon asked me to represent their age-defying makeup, Age-defying? I was 34-years-old! I thought, ‘What are you talking about, age-defying? I still look 28.’ ”

The ‘Working Girl’ star hopes her career will not start to falter when she hits 50. She said: “In Hollywood you go from being a sex symbol to a grandmother overnight. After you turn 30 you’re on your way.

“Hopefully that is changing. I don’t think normal people feel that way. Maybe 50 should be the new 30 - that would be better. I got offered a couple of movies recently and they said I can still play 40. “I don’t really care so much anymore, I like the knowledge that I have.”

Source: ICYDK

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...