Thursday, November 20, 2008

Reese Witherspoon: I’m Not Ready to Wed Jake

Don’t expect wedding bells for Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal any time soon.

“Family is all we have in life, but I don’t know how I feel about marriage,” the actress, 32, reveals in the Nov. 23 issue of Parade. “Obviously, I’m not far enough out of being married to think about doing it again.”

Witherspoon split from her husband of 7 years, Ryan Phillippe, in 2006. They have two kids together: Ava, 9, and Deacon, 5. She’s been dating Gyllenhaal, 27, since April 2007.

The Academy-award winning actress isn’t sure she’ll ever be ready to say “I Do.”

“I don’t know,” she says in the newest issue of Us Weekly, on stands now. “I don’t think about it much…it’s important to stay open to whatever your relationship evolves into. I have a certain idea of what I thought marriage is and the whole life and [the way] things are, and sometimes it doesn’t work out that way.”

She admits that her split from Phillippe was tough.

“There are things in my life that are hard to reconcile, like divorce. Sometimes it is very difficult to make sense of how it could possibly happen,” she says.

“Laying blame it so easy. I don’t have time for hate or negativity in my life. There’s no room for it,” she adds. “When you make wrong choices, you have to take responsibility for them: ‘What part of this do I own?’

“I struggle to figure out what made me make those choices,” she says. “All I can hope for is that I’ve learned something from it and won’t make the same choices again.”

She says she made a lot of mistakes when she was young.

“I wasn’t good about protecting myself,” she explains. “I spent a lot of my 20s just trying to make other people happy, rather than trying to figure out if doing that made me happy.”

Witherspoon also says her fame makes it hard to connect with people.

“When I first meet someone, it is so hard for me to overcome everything they’ve read about me,” she says in Parade. “It’s not fair. It’s difficult, because I’m the kind of person who just wants to hug people.”

Her next movie, Four Christmases, hits theaters Nov. 26.

Source: Us Weekly

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...