Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Reese Witherspoon on her traumatic childhood.



When it comes to brains, beauty and bank accounts Reese Witherspoon is certainly doing very well – but it turns out that star of the upcoming comedy “Four Christmases” didn’t have the smoothest start in life.

“I had giant Coke bottle glasses when I was little and I was always the midget, the little one. No one would pick me on the kickball teams,” Witherspoon said of her childhood in Nashville, Tenn.

Well, we bet her classmates have a few regrets about that now …

“No, I’m still not very good at kickball,” she responded with a laugh.

And despite winning an Academy Award in 2006 for her portrayal of June Carter in “Walk the Line,” Witherspoon insisted that country crooning is something she only excels at when behind-the-wheel.

“I pretend that I’m a country music singer in my car and I’m really good in my car, amazing,” added the 32-year-old. “It’s just when I get out of my car, I’m not very good at all.”

Witherspoon shows off her surprising comedic streak in the Vince Vaughn Holiday flick, but beneath the family feuding and out-of-the-ordinary gift-giving, there’s a lesson to be learned –- a lesson Reese no doubt learned the hard way after divorcing Ryan Philippe last year following rumors of infidelity.

“I think you have to be honest with people because the truth is going to come out eventually,” she said. “We try to keep so much from each other and when we go home, all is revealed and I think we really have to reevaluate our relationship at that moment.”

Source: Fox News

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...