Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nicolas Cage has a fear of cockroaches

Nicolas Cage still shudders thinking about his 1989 movie Vampire’s Kiss - because his role required him to eat a cockroach.

Cage admits he has an irrational phobia of insects - but in the film’s most infamous scene, his character Peter catches the critter and pops it in his mouth.

And the star insists he still feels nauseous recalling the daring feat.

He says, “To this day, people ask me about the cockroach - it was disgusting. “I have a fear of bugs and I had to disinfect my mouth with 100-proof vodka and just spit the bug out. It makes me sick thinking about it and, in the theatre, it was the same reaction: ‘Oh no!’ I know the reason it is still in video stores is partly because of that.

Source: Contact Music

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...