Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ne-Yo Talks Britney

Ne-Yo was working on Britney Spears huge comeback album. He was actually a big part of it and was asked to write a half a dozen songs for her. Ne-Yo spoke to Ryan Seacreast this morning KISS-FM 102.7 and explains what's going on with that:
"I have no idea what's going on with Britney Spears. The last thing I heard is that Britney was mad at me over some songs that were supposed to go to her, but wound up going to Nicole Scherzinger (of Pussycat Dolls). "
"I was working with Britney Spears' people. I wrote 6 to 8 songs for Britney Spears. Then Britney goes ahead and shaves her head, goes into rehab and when that happened I lost all contact with her A&R people, with her label. I was calling them, they weren't answering my calls. So in the process of all that going on, that's when I met Nicole Scherzinger. I played her two songs, she loved them, they cut the check and she recorded the songs. So when that happened that's when Britney's people called and said ' why are you giving away Britney's songs' and I say 'uh, hold on..y'all didn't cut me a check'"
He says that he's saved two special songs for Britney and when asked if it's possible for her to make a comeback or sort of sighed and said he seemed to think it was.

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...