Thursday, March 29, 2007

dog saved womans life

Meet America's newest canine sensation, Toby! Toby's owner, Debbie Parkhurst, was home alone last Friday with her two dogs when a chunk of apple got caught in her throat. Debbie tried to give herself the Heimlich and when that didn't work she tried pounding on her own chest.
Toby then sprung into action and gently pulled Debbie to the floor. He then performed a version of the Heimlich by jumping up and down on her chest. Eventually, the apple chunk came out.
Debbie said, “As soon as I started breathing, he stopped and began licking my face, as if to keep me from passing out."
Toby has been contacted by various media outlets from David Letterman to Good Morning America for appearances.
That being said, Toby is today's hero

Source: dlisted

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...