Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Christina's Rise to To Empowerment

On the Dirrty controversy:"Dirrty was my take on coming of age. It was a song about being free of any inhibitions and just letting it all out and cutting lose. I had so much fun on that video and I felt so empowered. If anything, I look back and realize that the greatest thing about it was that no matter what your opinion was on it, people were talking about it."
On making her third album :"I think in order to really make something special and heartfelt I need to take time with it. I don't want to jeopardize the outcome by trying to rush through it to make the label happy because they have something to sell. I like to take a minute and get to know the woman that I've grown into from record to record. And for this one in particular I wanted to research and get into that whole world. I really wanted to explore it all, and just live it. Not just sing the songs, but really feel a part of it."
On being a strong woman in a man's world: "I'm extra sensitive and have my dukes up because I witnessed a lot of shit in my household with my father and mother, and I wanted to make sure that I was never going to feel powerless or helpless to a man. That's why I think I do have this overconfidence with my sexuality because I feel empowered by it, and I love being in control of every facet of what I do."

Source: PopSugar

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...