Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tori Spelling In Cookie Magazine



Tori Spelling and her beautiful family posed for the cover of Cookie Magazine and she also opened up in an interview on what being pregnant and having kids in the Hollywood spotlight is really like.

Cookie - What's one of the weirder parts of being pregnant in Hollywood?

Tori: During both pregnancies, people touched my belly a lot. I would never do that to a pregnant woman—it's a personal thing. And if I did, I'd say, "Your belly is so cute, can I touch it?" But when fans do it, I couldn't say, "Please don't touch," because then it would be "What a bitch!" At a certain point, I just decided that [my second baby] Stella was getting a lot of love in there.



Cookie: How much does it suck to have to lose baby weight in Hollywood?

Tori: Well, after I'd given birth to Stella, some woman at the market grabbed my belly and asked when I was due. When she had the flab in her hand, she realized her mistake. And the first time I went out after I had Liam, the paparazzi were around and I remember trying to hold my stomach in, even though my muscles were shot to hell, because it's not like they want a story, "Look at the happy couple, they just had a baby" they want, "Do you see her stomach? We thought she already had the baby." But I always say the weeklies build you up to tear you down. It's a funny cycle. The week before they were asking, "Is she too thin?" they showed a picture of me in a bikini on the beach saying I looked great.



Cookie: You were also very close to your nanny until her death when you were in your early 30s. Did that make hiring a nanny for your own kids less fraught?

Tori: I never understood being competitive with a nanny. If you have someone you trust and who loves your kids, then what an amazing thing you've done for them. My kids have Patsy, who is a baby nurse to them and like a mother figure to me. Stella was an unplanned pregnancy, and I think it happened so I could keep Patsy longer. I am very sad Nanny and my dad never got to meet my kids. I have this little bear that was Nanny's, and I always bring it when I fly. I recently showed it to Liam and explained that the bear is like a grandparent who looks out for us. He grabbed it and kissed it.

Cookie: Are there things that you don't let the Tori & Dean crew tape?

We're honest, but we're selective. They did film me coming home from the hospital four days after a C-section, when I was not looking my best. But I've come to the conclusion that on my show, I can look like a real person—even if the weeklies expect celebrities to look perfect when they go to the market. The film crew isn't here all the time, either, because I want the kids to know life without cameras. That said, two of the cameramen and the sound guy are like uncles to them.

Source: imnotobsessed.com/

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...