Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Who Wasn’t Offered Pretty Woman?!

Daryl Hannah claims she was offered the Julia Roberts role in “Pretty Woman.” That’s not hard to claim since Michelle Pfeiffer, Molly Ringwald and Meg Ryan were all offered the role and turned it down. Daryl says she turned it down, because it was degrading towards women.

She said, “One of the things I’m most proud of is refusing to take Julia’s role. Every time I see it I like it less and less. They sold it as a romantic fairytale when in fact it’s a story about a prostitute who becomes a lady by being kept by a rich and powerful man.

“I think that film is degrading for the whole of womankind.”

Source: Post Chronicle

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...