Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rihanna’s pre-BRIT bowling (February 19).



Sure, the glitz and glamour of a successful career in the music business can be very fulfilling. But according to Rihanna, it’s nothing compared to touching the lives of others.

The “Umbrella” singer is taking steps to help her charity Believe work closer with DKMS, the world’s largest non-profit marrow donor center.

Upon hearing the story of Leukemia sufferer Lisa Gershowitz Flynn, a mother of two fromNew York, Rihanna said she was committed to helping. “When I heard about Lisa’s plight, my heart broke. I said, ‘I need to get the word out about Lisa right away.’”

She continued, “My own charity, Believe, works specifically with children in need. Children need their mothers more than anything else in the world. Lisa has two children. My charity will continue to work with DKMS, because in finding a way to save Lisa’s life, we will in turn be saving her children’s lives.”

Flynn replied, “For Rihanna to even be thinking about helping others and putting herself out there when she is so busy with her career is tremendous.”

Meanwhile, the “Good Girl Gone Bad” was spotted playing a few frames at a London, England bowling alley before the BRIT awards. Her black shirt/pink pants was evidence of her playful mood as she hoped for a strike.

Source: celebrity-gossip

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...