Monday, October 01, 2018

A post with quotes about Mental illness



I found this great person on Facebook who herself and I both suffer from mental illness and wanted to share her thoughts with my readers.

Diana says " I don't judge a person's mind as inferior based on illness or dysfunction. I have my own cognitive issues to deal with and I can understand how someone can be intelligent and challenged at the same time. I only judge the validity of the claims. I don't think of schizophrenia so much as a mental illness. I think it's more a nervous system disorder related to stress. I think we fail people when we divide mind from body. It's been said that schizophrenia is also related to a high degree of intelligence. So some of what appears to be paranoia could just be a recognition of how unstable the world is. And some what appears to be a delusion could actually be a lack of it in an otherwise deluded world."

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...