Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kirstie Alley Admits She Gained All the Weight Back

Nearly two years after losing 75 lbs., Kirstie Alley admits she has gained all of her weight back.

“I just said, ‘I’m going to cut myself some slack.’ Big mistake,” Alley, 58, says on The Oprah Winfrey Show Thursday.
See then-and-now photos of more of your favorite 90s stars

Part of the problem: She says she had turned her home gym into a dining room.

“I thought, ‘You know what I need? You know what I haven’t had a lot of? I haven’t had a lot of dinner parties and company,’ ” she tells Winfrey.

Today, Alley vows, “I’m going to lose 80 pounds … I’m going to be in a bikini again.”

Her inspiration?

“We look around. We see what we want,” she says. “Don’t you look around and see what you want to look like? I’m, like, ‘Look, Michelle Obama’s guns. I could have those arms,’ ” she says. “I don’t know about the legs.”

Says Winfrey: “You’ve got to work for that.”

“I know,” Alley says. “I’m saying, I think I’m ready to work.”

Alley was a spokesmodel for Jenny Craig’s weight-loss program for three years before leaving in 2007 to launch her own weight-loss brand.

Contacted by Usmagazine.com, a Jenny Craig spokesperson said in a statement: “Jenny Craig maintains a friendly relationship with Kirstie, and we are proud of her accomplishments while she was on our program.

“Kirstie successfully lost 75 lbs and maintained that weight loss throughout our three year relationship, which came to an end in December 2007.

“We remain supportive of Kirstie, wish her nothing but the best and we would welcome her back at any time as a returning client,” the statement concluded.

Source: US Weekly

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...