Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jen Garner: Ben a ‘Sweet’ Dad – Just Don’t Let Him Do Hair

Ben Affleck may have many talents when it comes to parenting 3-year-old daughter Violet, but according to his wife Jennifer Garner hairdressing isn’t one of them.

“Ben will do the school run,” Garner, 35, tells InStyle in its May issue of her family’s hectic morning routine. “He dresses her and does her hair. It’s pretty funny. You can always tell when he has been at it, just two random barrettes hanging in there. It’s so sweet.”

Adds Garner: “Ben can be pretty clueless when it comes to my clothes or makeup. But when he does notice and says something, he’s so sweet that I forgive him.”

As for her own role in the family, Garner aims to shield her daughters – Seraphina Rose, 3 months, and Violet – from unwanted attention.

“I try not to look, but when I see these [paparazzi] pictures of Violet and me, I’m always smiling like a monkey, trying not to let her feel my anxiety,” Garner says. “That was some really good advice I got about dealing with it.”

Get your InStyle subscription!

“But now that she’s older, she’s more able to articulate that she doesn’t like it,” she says, continuing. “She’ll say to them, ‘Please stop flashing your camera in my face,’ but they won’t stop. Then she’ll say, ‘I don’t understand, Mommy. I said please!’ It’s just twisted.”

More successfully, Garner says she is achieving a balance between work and family.

“I always quiz Reese Witherspoon about how she does it,” Garner says of the juggling act. “I feel like she does a really good job.”

“I growl at anyone who wants me to do something while I’m with my kids,” she says. “I say, ‘No, I’m at home, back off!’ Then when I’m working and out of the house, I am in work mode. That’s when Ben is there, the other half. We’ve tried really hard to switch off. So far it’s working. I’ve chosen jobs that weren’t as demanding as some can be.”

Source: People

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...