Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Review of the book Ingredients For Success by Joseph James Slawek

This book was a nice read for me, Read it in about a day! This book talked about ways to learn how to make your business successful.

I like the ten practices he talks about in the introduction. The then practices are boldly, yet compassionately, tell the truth. Plan ahead but be ready for surprises. Know, develop, and use your unique abilities. Use your talents responsibility or you'll lose them. Be ready for the accounting. Invest your talents faithfully for maximum return. Aim for excellence, not perfection. Be strong and courageous. Redistribute unused talents and resources. Express gratitude to GOD and others.

I also like the quote on page 53 which says "some day, there will be a final accounting for all of us. We would stand before God in order to give accounting for our souls."

The last thing I liked in the book was a scripture he shared from Psalm 46: 1-2 which reads " GOD is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Be still, and know that I am GOD!"

All in all a really good book that I would recommend to my friends.

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...