Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Scarlett Johansson: ‘Sex Symbol Thing is a Phase’

Scarlett Johansson hopes she’ll grow out of being labeled a sex symbol.

The Vicky Cristina Barcelona star - who married actor Ryan Reynolds in a secret ceremony earlier this year - wants to eventually be praised her for her acting abilities rather than her good looks.

Scarlett, 24, tells the London Times newspaper, “I never expected that kind of thing, to be honest. I think that comes with my age, the whole sex-symbol thing. I’ll grow out of that. It’s a phase. And people want to turn you into merchandise in some way, don’t they?

“I look forward to growing in the industry and aging in the industry. A lot of actresses take their meatiest roles in their thirties and forties. And I’m looking forward to that.

“I’m at a little bit of a funny age where I get that ’sexiest woman’ thing, and it feels like a label for right now. But maybe when I get older, it won’t be like that.”

Source: ShowBizSpy

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...