Friday, June 29, 2007

Issiah said he was fired because he was black

He's asking for an ass whopping! Anyway, Isaiah Washington talked to Newsweek

"I said a lot of negative things that were never reported, but there was one word that caught everyone’s attention, particularly someone who wasn’t even in the room with us. It was a fight between two men that shouldn’t have happened. But someone heard the booming voice of a black man and got really scared and that was the beginning of the end for me. I see that now, but I didn’t then."

"If a black man can’t get forgiveness in this country, when so many other people like Robert Downey Jr. and the governor of California get second and third chances … I think that says a lot about race and this country where we stand."

My mother had several cross-dressing friends who she sometimes referred to with names I’d never use, but she didn’t know any better. There was no hate, just lack of awareness."

"That’s what’s hurt me so much with all this. I was doing what I’m doing in Africa for years—before Angelina and Bono. But I’ve worked at homeless shelters for years and given money to make sure people knew they didn’t have to be hungry or the street. I have shared my blessings, but all that changed when this happened and it’s truly heartbreaking for me.’’

"Well, it didn’t help me on the set that I was a black man who wasn’t a mush-mouth Negro walking around with his head in his hands all the time. I didn’t speak like I’d just left the plantation and that can be a problem for people sometime."

Source: dlisted

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...