Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Larry King: 'I Want Ryan Seacrest to Replace Me'

CNN's retiring talk show staple Larry King doesn't really think he can be replaced, but if anyone were to fill his shoes, he told "Extra" he thinks "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest would be a good choice.

"I love Ryan. He's very intelligent, but I need to have a fiery political discussion with him first," King said.

There have been rumors "America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan might take over King's vacated spot, but the veteran newsman isn't in the loop. "I don't know Piers Morgan. I've never seen him work, but I hear he's very good."

As for his final guests on the show, King came up with a pretty far-fetched wish list. "I'd like to interview Bin Laden and Bernie Madoff. People are interested in evil," he laughed.

Some of King's favorite real interviews, however, have included Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcom X, but he says his most extraordinary interview was with Nelson Mandela. "He is the most amazing person, to have gone through so much and be capable of being so forgiving."

One thing is for sure -- leaving the show will give him time to spend with his family. "My wife is really happy, she didn't like the restrictions I had with CNN." King will be able to catch more of his two young sons' baseball games, calling the boys his "Little League superstars."

Source: Extra TV

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...