Thursday, September 27, 2018

A review of the book Wait For Me by Susan May Warren



I want to start of by saying I love the author Susan May Warren and have read plenty of her books.

This book is about a man named Pete who originally fell in love with a woman named Jess. She wanted to marry him but had a lot going on in her life like taking care of her sick mom. Pete believes she is engaged to another man and gives up hope on Jess but then she comes back into his life and they fall in love.  It also talks about a woman named Shae who falls in love with a guy named Ned and helps protect her and Jess when someone kidnaps them and tries to kill them. The book was a thrill seeker and attention grabber and I couldn't keep it down.

I enjoyed some of the quotes in the book. I liked the quote on page 295 which reads " You don't have to prove anything to God for him to join your team. He's already on it. So don't keep him out of the game plan." I also enjoyed the quote on page 300 which says " Please God, You're all we have, and I believe you can get us out of any mess we create. So please, save us. Not because we deserve it, but because we need you..."On page 305 the quote says " God never intended me to fight my battles alone." On page 310 the quote says " Please, God. Save us all here. Not because we deserve it, but because you love us."

I really connected with the characters especially Jess who  is described as "just didn't want to cause any more problems, didn't want to hurt anyone else, who just wanted everyone to be happy. The problem is, we can't please everyone and when we try, we end up making a mess. The best thing we can do is live in truth, love others well, and trust in a God who loves us enough to fix our messes."

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...