Tuesday, July 24, 2018

A quote from my favorite blog

My favorite blog is http://thebeingremadelife.com/ and the author is Cherry Fargo.



Right now I am in a spiritual drought. I am feeling totally lost in my life and what happens next. I used to find solace in my religion but I have never felt so disconnected. When I try to stay in touch with family who are in my old religion, Jehovah's witnesses its not always nice. My mother in law says we are living in the last days and that by being an inactive Jehovah's witness that I will not make it when the war of Armageddon comes and she will miss me. That really hurts because what loving God will just destroy people and scares them into loving him. But at the same time I know that I am always happier when I am close to God and living a healthy spiritual life. That's when I read a quote by Cherry Fargo I knew she also related to me and other people as well.

The quote I enjoyed is from one of her testimonials she wrote and says this "Even though I had spent about a decade walking away from God, He was always there, gently pursing me. I recognized that all of the times I had ever felt safe as a child were the ones where I had gone to church with my dad or various church activities with him. I decided that I had nothing to loose by redirecting my path back towards God.  I wanted to live a transformed life and I was finally willing to change my course to do so. I admitted I needed to shed my sin of self-sufficiency and declare that God was my destination and Jesus was the only guide who could lead me to where I needed to be. By saying yes to following Jesus, I found peace, hope, direction, purpose and even the fulfillment I was so desperately seeking. I felt as if I had finally arrived."

I feel like if I could transform my life and find God that I could find peace, hope, direction and purpose that Cherry Fargo is talking about. So my next chapter in my life will be trying to find out where I belong and hope to be a more spiritual, religious person and find God and happiness.

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...