Saturday, May 04, 2013

Review of the book Duchess by Susan May Warren



I got to get this book for free to write my reviews on it. I am a team member of Susan May Warren on facebook. This is my review of the book.

**This review might offend some people. If you get offended after reading this then please do not leave a rude comment. I will simply ban you and delete your comment. Thanks**
 
 I really enjoyed this book because of all the twists and turns and how I fell in love with the characters and couldn't figure how what was going to happen next. 

This story is about an actress who thought she was in love with this one guy she married but turns out she is really in love with a different guy. And this second guy was in love with her all this time too. They end up getting together in the end. The first guy ends up dying and before he does, she finds out he was in love with someone else too and had a baby with her. And the first guy ends up dying because he kills himself from all the stresses of life, I never saw that coming, that shocked me. The book is also dealing with the time period of the Nazi's and concentration camps and such. That hits home to me because of my religion as a Jehovah's witness. We dealt with similar situations. At concentration camps during that time people who were Jehovah's witnesses were given a purple triangle to wear on their chests. Some witnesses were even beaten for not saluting the flag at the camps since we do not salute the flag even then, even today. The only way the witnesses could get out of the camps was to renounce their faith, but they stayed strong and make Jehovah the only priority. Many witnesses during that time went without food and water and freezing temperatures in hopes of losing their faith, but they stayed strong. In 1948 more witnesses were being persecuted because of a communist regime in Poland. Because witnesses were determined to stay neutral and not fight, they were put into jail for a few years. (I got my most of my information for our Watchtower CD published by Jehovah's witnesses).

What I liked about the book was the use of bible scriptures and my favorite one about the meek inheriting the earth. I cannot wait until all the evil is taken off the earth and we can all peaceful and security and play with all the animals without worrying about the animals hurting us. That bible scripture even talks about that how kids can play with snakes and cannot get hurt, etc.“‘The wolf and the lamb themselves will feed as one, and the lion will eat straw just like the bull; and as for the serpent, his food will be dust. They will do no harm nor cause any ruin in all my holy mountain,’ Jehovah has said.” (Isaiah 65:25)

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...