Saturday, April 06, 2013

Take A Chance On Me by Susan May Warren





I got to get this book for free to write my reviews on it. I am a team member of Susan May Warren on facebook. This is my review of the book.

**This review might offend some people. If you get offended after reading this then please do not leave a rude comment. I will simply ban you and delete your comment. Thanks**

I really enjoyed this book. It was about a woman who moved to a new town and fell in love with this local man and his son and they ended up getting together and living a happy life together. Alot happened in between and I enjoyed the story line and getting immersed in the book and reading it all in one day and getting away from my life for a while.

I also liked the discussion questions posted in the back and I will answer a few or two of my own opinion. The second discussion question asked the question, do you agree that beliefs need to be tested, questioned, to be fully understood? I think that yes. Before I found my faith/religion I had to not only learn the truth about the bible and what it really says and study with a person who really had Knowles of the truth and the bible as well but study on my own to see what the bible really says and not just trust the person who is teaching me, that not only what the truth is but to prove it to myself so I could prove it to others as well.And that is why I choose as an adult to get baptized after I learned about my faith/religion because I had proved to myself I knew the truth and that is how I wanted to live my life, by what GOD really is all about and by living my life according to the bible and not misconceptions.

I also like the discussion question number 11. It asks, In what circumstances have you doubted GOD's kindness? Did your perspective change over time? Yes. I used to blame Jehovah God for all my troubles and suffering but then I learned the truth about GOD, that he is loving and kind and does not cause suffering to anyone. You can tell that in many scriptures, one example is James 1:13 which reads " When under trial, let no one say I am being tried by GOD. For with evil things GOD cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone." Bad things in life just happen because of unforeseen occurrences. In Ecclesiastes 9:11 it says this:
because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all" so that just means that life happens sometimes and it doesn't always go great but its not because of Jehovah GOD causing them or suffering.

I also like the discussion question 17 which says, which do you tend to trust more-your mind or your heart and why? I personally would say my heart but it should be mind because as scriptures mention, the heart is a treacherous thing and can trick us.  You can see that in Jeremiah 17:9 which says " “The heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate.”

So all in all I enjoyed this book and taking part in all of this reviewing and such.

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...