Thursday, January 31, 2013

Carrie Underwood weighs in on artists’ lip-synching

In the wake of questions over Beyonce’s rendition of the national anthem at Monday’s presidential inauguration, one artist who knows the pressure of the spotlight spoke out Tuesday in Nashville.

“Because if I’m up there singing one of my songs, and I mess up the words, who cares? I’ll laugh it off, and they’ll laugh it off, and it’s funny,” Underwood said. “But when you have something so important, for some big, important event – and all eyes are on you – that’s a lot of pressure.”

Underwood, who is nominated for two Grammy Awards for her chart-topping hit, Blown Away, stopped by the Nashville Grammy chapter’s party at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel.

While the U.S. Marine Band later backed off its initial comments that Beyonce had performed with a pre-recorded version of the anthem, and the singer herself has not yet commented, Underwood said she doesn’t second-guess others’ performances.

“I don’t sit around and say, ‘Are they or aren’t they? I’m not sure.’ But I can speak for myself, I don’t – if I were sick, I would sing sick. That’s not my cup of tea,” Underwood said.

Underwood added that she hasn’t performed with a voice track.

“I’ve never tried it, so I don’t know what it’s like. So, for me, I would really respect somebody a lot more if they got up – even if they were sick or whatever – and gave it their all,” she said.

A representative for Hendersonville, TN, resident Kelly Clarkson said she sang live to perform My Country, ‘Tis of Thee at the inauguration Monday.

Source: WSMV
Credit: carrie-underwood.org

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...