Saturday, January 15, 2011

Does Britney Spears’ Song Rip Off a Bellamy Brothers Classic?

When the Bellamy Brothers heard about Britney Spears’ new single, “Hold It Against Me,” they thought something about the title sounded familiar.

“Back in 1979, I wrote a little song called ‘If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body, Would You Hold It Against Me,’” recalls David Bellamy. “That little song went No. 1 and has since become one of the defining songs of our career. If you listen to the lyrics of Britney Spears’ new single, ‘Hold It Against Me,’ you’ll find some major similarities.”

The “hook” in Britney’s song is this: “If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me.”

David and Howard Bellamy picked up on the news when their YouTube video for “If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body, Would You Hold It Against Me” was up 270,000 views, nearly overnight. In addition, several visitors on the PerezHilton.com and EW.com discussion boards noticed the similarities, leaving comments like “Bellamy Brothers rip-off” and “the Bellamy Brothers used the same lyrical hook in 1979.”

Source: gactv.com

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...