Saturday, September 27, 2008

Shia LaBeouf Won’t Be Charged Due to “Insufficient Evidence”

Actor Shia LaBeouf won’t be charged with a DUI stemming from his July car accident but his license could be suspended for refusing a breathalyzer test.

The L.A. County District Attorney had “insufficient evidence” to charge the Transformers star, a spokeswoman told the Associated Press on Thursday.

LaBeouf, 22, must now appear at a traffic hearing at the Department of Motor Vehicles on Friday. His license could be suspended for up to nine months.

“Shia is most happy that he will not have to go to court,” his attorney, Michael Norris, told the AP. “I anticipate that once we do have the opportunity to litigate the matter at the DMV that his license will not be suspended.”

Two other people involved may be charged for the accident, which badly injured LaBeouf’s hand and required days of hospitalized.

The accident occurred in West Hollywood on the morning of July 27. Sheriff’s deputies had previously determined that LaBeouf was not at fault; the other driver apparently ran a red light

Earlier this month, LaBeouf said the crash was “eye opening and terrifying.

“The car hit me at 70 mph,” he told Entertainment Tonight.

“It was one of the biggest things that’s happened to me, for sure, in my life,” he added. “I’m grateful to be here.”

LaBeouf’s latest film, Eagle Eye, opens today.

Source: Us Weekly

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...