Monday, September 29, 2008

Mindy McCready to Return to Jail for Probation Violation



Mindy McCready is going back to the slammer.

The embattled country singer, 32, is set to turn herself into authorities Tuesday for violating her probation for prescription drug fraud in June.

Her attorney, Lee Ofman, issued the following statement to Usmagazine.com Monday:

"In accordance with an agreement we have reached with the district attorney of Williamson County, Tennessee, Ms. McCready will voluntarily surrender to authorities on September 30th to serve a sentence of 60 days. The successful completion of this sentence will satisfy her obligation to the State of Tennessee resulting from her probation violation."

Speaking directly to her fans, McCready said, "I am working very hard to put all of this behind me as quickly as possible so I can get back to what I like to do most: sing, write songs, and entertain. I would like to thank my fans for their unwavering support as I continue to work on my recovery and to regain custody of my precious son, Zander.”

Source: Us Weekly

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...