Thursday, January 31, 2019

I joined a women's Bible study



The book is called It's not supposed to be this way by Lysa Terkeurst.

In week one we learn some scriptures. In Ephesians 6:10-20 which says " Finally be empowered in the Lord and in the might of his strength. Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the devil. Our wrestling is the world rulers of the darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. Therefore take the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day and having done all to stand. Stand therefore having girded your loins with truth and having put on the breastplate of righteousness. Having shod your feet with the firm foundation of the gospel of peace. Besides all these, having taken up the sheild of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming darts of the evil one..."

In Romans 8: 37-38 says " But in all these things we more than conquer through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death not life nor angels not principalities not things present not things to come not powers. Nor height not depth not any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

In week two we learned we can be victimized into thinking we'll be forever live in the depths of despair or remain locked in our prison of fear and anxiety. We are decieved into believing we're a failure. We need to surrender all hope that God is able to change our seemingly, hopeless circumstances.

She paraphrased some scriptures I am chosen (Jeremiah) I am forgiven (Acts) I am reedemed (Psalms) I am beautiful (Psalms) I am created with a purpose (Jeremiah). No longer will Satan, the one Jesus calls the father lies, hold our hearts and minds captive with his lies.

No comments:

A great find from Facebook

 * I didn’t write this * As you know, I once was an evangelical megachurch pastor and my pastoral career stretched over many years. Eventual...